Toffee and Chocolate Chip Brownie Bark




Deliciously Yum!





Toffee and Chocolate Chip Brownie Bark



Compartir
 This might possibly be the best bark ever! It’s taking my brownie obsession to a whole new level. Once you start eating it, you won’t be able to stop. So read on at your own risk!

toffee-chocolate-chip-brownie-bark

You probably know by now that I don’t need a special day or occasion to come up with a sweet treat. But I’ve always felt like Friday nights deserve a special something something. And by special I mean a treat that takes not much effort to prepare and tastes out of this world amazing. Preferably a snackable item that puts you in just the right mood as you exhale and realize it’s weekend time!

Exactly what I’m going to give you today. Yes, there’s such a thing as brownie bark/brittle. Can you even imagine my reaction when I first discovered its existence?

toffee-chocolate-chip-brownie-bark

I am not picky when it comes to brownies. I’m just as happy about a gooey middle piece than I am about a chewy corner. Adam on the other hand is all about the corners.

If you are anything like my hubby, you will love this bark. While there is a noticeable chewy texture throughout the entire bark, it’s also on the crunchy side, which is why it’s so addictive. Very reminiscent of thin cookies or sweet crackers, but still in a league of its own. We seriously couldn’t get enough.

toffee-chocolate-chip-brownie-bark

It all started with one of those side ads on the internets. Yes, I clicked right on over and intensely studied everything they had to offer on their brownie brittle site. They used words like one-of-a-kind, must-try, new invention and (you probably guessed by now) completely drew me in. The only kicker was that it’s only available to order online. Which means having to pay for shipping and wait several days for it to arrive in the mail. I am not that desperate I told myself. So I quickly closed my window and thought the temptation was averted.

Until I took a trip to Costco the following day. Who knew they sold ginormous bags of it just 2 minutes away from my house?! I still wasn’t willing to give in, but knew it was only a matter of time before I would try my hand at it.

toffee-chocolate-chip-brownie-bark

All the delicious thoughts that are entering your mind right about now are true.

Make it. Eat it. Love it!

toffee-chocolate-chip-brownie-bark

You will want to turn on your oven for this one. I promise. It’s more than worth it and you’ll be happy you did. You could even mix things up and add anything you want. Mint chocolate, white chocolate chips, whatever floats your boat. There’s absolutely no need to pay the gourmet price for something that tastes even better made from scratch.

toffee-chocolate-chip-brownie-bark

 Have a lovely weekend, friends!


Toffee and Chocolate Chip Brownie Bark

Yields 30
You haven't had brownies until you try them in bark form. These chewy squares are the ultimate sweet treat. Definitely a new family favorite!







Write a review

Print
Ingredients
  1. 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  2. 1/4 teaspoon salt
  3. 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  4. 2 large egg whites
  5. 1 cup granulated sugar
  6. 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
  7. 1/4 cup canola oil
  8. 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  9. 1 tablespoon dry milk or nonfat dry milk powder
  10. 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips, divided
  11. 1/2 cup toffee bits (such as Heath), divided

Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
  2. 1. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda.
  3. 2. In another medium bowl, whisk the two egg whites until they're frothy. Add sugar, cocoa powder, oil and vanilla until a smooth batter forms. Next, add milk powder and then mix in flour mixture, whisking until fully incorporated.
  4. 3. Fold in 1/4 cup chocolate chips and 1/4 cup toffee bits.
  5. 4. Pour batter onto the prepared baking sheet, spreading it out as thin as possible. Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips and toffee bits on top. Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Remove and using a sharp knife or pizza cutter, cut it into equal-sized squares (do not separate them). Return pan to the oven and bake for another 5 minutes. Remove and let cool completely before breaking into pieces.

Notes
  1. Bark can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 5 days.


Adapted from kingarthurflour

Adapted from kingarthurflour
Deliciously Yum! http://deliciouslyyum.com/



Compartir

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

crispy chocolate peanut butter french toast.

Brown Butter Oatmeal Cookies Filled With Caramel and Peanut Butter

Deep Dish Peanut Butter Pie con chocolate cubrió el pretzel de la corteza